Saturday, July 12, 2008

Justin and Melissa's Summer of Fun!

Here's a little snapshot of what my best friend and I have been doing this summer:




Green Family Reunion at Deer Valley



We took a tram up to the top of the Deer Valley Ski Resort to do a little hiking




Overlooking Jordanelle Reservoir

The Dudes

The Chicks

Justin doing his impression of Karate Kid, "Yes, Sensei."

Trying NOT to fall

There was still quite a bit of snow up there.



Its not a trip to Park City if you don't stop by the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and get a piece of seafoam and an "Apple Pie" caramel apple







Star Valley, Wyoming

Justin had a softball tournament up in Star Valley with his old mission companion and our mortgage broker. They won! Here are some pictures of Star Valley. I've always driven through it on the way to Jackson Hole but never stayed. It's beautiful. BTW, I wonder where they got the "Hole" in Jackson Hole. Anyone else ever wondered that?









"Annual Steadman, Grandchildren, Graduation, Dinner!" at Archibald's in Gardner Village. Last year Justin proposed to me at this dinner. Now we have 2 new members to add to the family: Justin and Brianna.




Crazy Cousins



4 comments:

Erin said...

Oh what a fun summer you are having!!! The pictures are so cute! And good question about Jackson Hole...kinda weird!?

That hike looks amazing! The view looks so cool! You'll have to tell me where to go, I'd love to hike that some time!!

Love ya girl!!!

MJJarman said...

Oh I miss hiking in Utah! I miss hiking period, not much you can do with a newborn. Looks like you guys had so much fun! I love your pictures.

Holly Harris Murray said...

you sure have a cute blog! I don't remember who's I found it through but I do hope you are having a super summer! It was fun to run into you and your mom in December at the Confrence center...:)

A said...

Hi Melissa! It's Adrienne (Moench) Berry from DG. We live in Jackson and the answer to your questions is this: It really is called Jackson's Hole because Jackson was a trapper/mountain man back in the day and he claimed that trapping area as his own. Trappers back then would get in serious trouble for poaching other trapper's land so the land became known as their "hole" Thus Jackson's Hole became Jackson Hole, which is now just called Jackson, Wyoming. I hope all is well with you, you look so amazing as always!