Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Just me n' Archie

In order to regain the dwindling number of our blog followers (due to the self-admitted un-interesting-ness of our lives), I decided it was time to take drastic measures!

So to all of our 4 readers (mom, dad, and Justin's mom and dad), here is a picture of me and David Archuleta!:




Yes, I am towering over him with all my 5'5"-ness!

So the story goes: Our friends, the Woods, invited us to the Operation Kids Gala at the Grand America for a black tie event that honored John Walsh from America's Most Wanted. There were a few celebs there, including Justin's favorite - President Palmer from the first season of 24 (most people know him as the Allstate guy). He hosted the event and Colin Raye was the musical headliner with Jim Brickman and some other musical guests. Even though were were all dressed up in our stuffy clothes, we had a blast! The food was good, the music was awesome, and it was a fun date night for us.

However, the room was a little chilly and I checked my coat, so after dinner I went outside the ballroom to get my coat and there was Archie standing all by himself in the hall just hanging out in his jeans and hoodie! Now, let's make something VERY clear here, I am a David Archuleta fan, but not psychotic or anything. I just liked watching him on American Idol. Besides, I felt like such a motard asking some kid 10 years younger than me for his picture! But I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get my picture with him and have a great story to tell! So I ran back in the ballroom, borrowed our friends' camera since we left ours in the car and went back out in the hall to get my picture with David. Justin is so sweet, he followed me out to take the pic, just laughing at how excited I was that I had run into David Archuletta.

He is just as shy and small in person as he is on TV but a nice kid. Here is a pic of me and my hubby, too.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome!! He's so tiny! I knew he was short, but seriously! What a sweetheart to wait for you to get your camera. He probably was hoping you were single...you look hot! I'm so glad you got it on film!

the Schrofs... said...

I'm not great about leaving comments, but I'm a big fan of your blog. Jeff and I especially enjoyed the Ute post!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!!! I wouldn't have the gutts to ask him for a picture-

Katie

Luke and Rachel Mendenhall said...

I love that you met him!! he's so adorable. Sooooooooo jealous! I probably would have squeezed him. Is that weird?

Emily said...

Wow, I didn't know he was so short! That's way cool that you got a picture with him.

The Prestons said...

That is so cool! I probably would have been too scared to say anything!

The Nakkers said...

Love it! I'm so happy you got a picture with little Archie. He is so cute. AND WHAT..President Palmer was there?? Cole and I are both obsessed with him. Love David Palmer. We actually wrote him in on this years ballot, but no luck.. :)

things we love... said...

Hey Mel, JT told me you had a blog and yeah, you guessed it, I came right home to look at it!!! We have missed you guys so much, it was great to see you this weekend!!! Email me at melstoker@msn.com and I will send you a invite!!!!