Thursday, March 6, 2008

3 Cars - I'm not bitter





I hate cars, by the way. A few weeks ago Justin's sweet '91 Acura Legend broke down and needed a new transmission. Does severyone know what that means??? $2,000. We decided to fix it, since Acuras are supposed to be good cars, even though this one was brand new when I was 10 years old. We thought we would just drive it to the ground since we didn't have any car payments. So after the transmission was fixed, we were feeling pretty good because at least we have one good car, my Jeep Grand Cherokee, and then hopefully the Acura will last at least another year.

Nope.

About a week later I was in Big O Tires getting MY car looked at because the power steering was wacked out. I see Justin pulling into Big O and his car is smoking so bad he can hardly see out the windshield. All I could do was laugh. Turns out his car blew a head gasket and basically needs a new engine. Another $2,000. If any of you know how much '91 Acura's are worth, you know it would be idiotic to put any more money into this piece of crap car. So we set out to find another car, which after about a week and a half we decided on a brand new Subaru Legacy. Hopefully it will last us a long time! But what do we do with the Acura??? Now we have 3 cars and we may be making a phone call to the kidney foundation. We've got to get rid of this thing!

But we weren't done with the car troubles. When I took my car in to get the power steering looked at, they found that I needed a new power steering pump, power steering hose, rear brakes, rear rotors, and hood shocks! Why do I need hood shocks! That's only for their convienience, right? I never look under that thing! Blah!

So, we are DONE with the car crap! Why can't we all just ride bikes like they do in Amsterdam???

1 comment:

emily bullen said...

Melissa, I took my blog private...but if you email me I"ll give you permission to view it. Email me at theschrofs@comcast.net.

-Ange

We love your blog, Melissa...so fun to see what you're up to!

-Em