Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Getting the ITCH!!!!

Those of you who share the passion for trying to place 1' diameter ball into a 3' diameter cup in the least amount of strokes possible will understand where I am coming from. Spring is upon us and I am getting the 'ITCH'! I have suffered through the worst winter UT has had in years and I am ready to hit the links. As spring brings new life to the earth, I think it also wipes away my memory from last year... as I believe that I will play Par Golf this year. HAHAHA its funny how good we think we are before we step out on the course and make double bogey on our first hole of the year. Golf is a funny game in that it only takes one or two good shots to keep you coming back for more. The pure joy of hitting that perfect shot and sinking a birdie putt (very rare for me by the way) while only moments later throwing your club further than you actually hit your ball is undeniable!!! Being out on a beautifully groomed fairway leading to a smooth cut green is breath taking. Even though I spend more time in the woods looking for my ball than actually on the fairway, those rare shots that actually do find the short cut grass provide a spectacular view. The season is upon us... GOOD LUCK ALL!!!

No comments: